The future of radiology with Artificial intelligence is here. It’s now. According to a recent AI in Healthcare survey, 93% of respondents call AI absolutely essential to strategy and 50% of hospitals are already using AI. Given this context, radiology leaders in Europe are focusing heavily on the potential for artificial intelligence to deliver quality and efficiency augmentation during this time.
We recently hosted a live Q&A webinar panel of European radiology thought leaders to learn how they are approaching AI nd hear their unique perspectives on how it can be used to support practices in delivering the highest quality of care.
We heard from Dr. Erik R. Ranschaert – President of EuSoMII, Dr. Thomas Kau – Head of the Institute of Radiology, General Hospital of Villach, Dr. Charles Lott – Global Medical Director and Chair, Everlight Radiology and Elad Walach, CEO of Aidoc.
Here are the main takeaways from this fascinating panel discussion:
On the value of AI in radiology…
- Applications that can improve accuracy, time to treatment.
- AI that can improve outcomes, workflow and prioritization and increase the quality of reporting.
- Tools that will help with radiologist workloads
Are we ready to see AI as a part of our standard of care?
- AI is well on its way towards the standard of care and is the tool to assist standard of care. When you’re looking at an AI solution, you need something that is easy to use – ‘it’s the complexity of making it look easy’.
- The three main elements for AI to become standard of care are: Integration, Security and Quality.
COVID-19 has created the possibility to make AI more visible in the clinical environment and has acted as an impetus to drive further adoption in the near future.
Watch the highlights below, and click here to view the full recording.
Ask the Experts is a quarterly webcast series introducing new trends and real use cases in the world of AI and Radiology.